Monday, November 17, 2008

My Favorite Blogs

Ok well I've just come to accept the fact that I am not a blogger. I pretty much stink at it and I think I'll just have to revert back to my original reason for creating this blog: to read other peoples blogs. Therefore I will stress no longer over having nothing good to write about and constantly staring at this screen feeling guilty about not posting anything worth reading.

However, even though I am not good at blogging I happen to know some people who are and I am going to use this opportunity to give a little shout out to a few blogs that I love reading on a regular basis.

First up is a blog that I just recently found through Mrs. Jennifer's blog, it's called Stuff Christians Like. I've spent hours reading through all of this guys posts. They're all pretty funny and they usually end up having a good point and are definitely worth reading. One of my favorites is Refusing To Let People Borrow Your Pen in Church.

The next blog I want to mention is Mrs. Jennifer's blog, Life With the Stanfords. Even if you don't know the Stanfords I think you would still enjoy reading this blog because Mrs. Jennifer is a really great writer and her blogs are usually light hearted and full of humor. She also has another blog on blogspot called Exceeding, Abundantly. This blog is more ummm spiritual... cliche, I know, but I can't think of how else to quickly describe it... and hey, we've already decided I'm not a great writer right? Anyway go check out both blogs and I can guarantee you'll be blessed by reading them.

One other blog I'd like to tell you about is Day By Day, a blog by one of my dearest friends, Lydia. She posted a blog recently entitled "Girls..." which I would encourage all girls, young or old, (and ofcourse guys are always welcome) to read. It's about modesty and how modesty means more than not wearing bikinis or really tight clothes but it's about how you act and stuff. Please go read it and then tell your friends to read it. It really is eye opening and thought provoking.

The last blog for today is a blog by another dear sister of mine, Abundant Grace by Naomi (Lydia's sister). Her first post entitled "It Covers Me" is my personal favorite as she shares her struggles with feeling like a failure because of sin and yet that being the very place God wants us to be, that place where we face the reality that we're helpless without Him.

ok well these are just a few of the blogs that I follow. If you know of any good blogs please post a comment and let me know! Have a blessed afternoon!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I feel so loved Hannah, thank you. it is ok if you don't want to post allot. i understand the time issue, but i always enjoyed what you put. love you and i'll see you wednesday.

Just A Girl said...

OK, my head is bursting with pride. Not only a mention of my blogs, but pictures of my kids, too? I am shedding a tear right this minute. And now I must go read Lydia and Naomi's blogs, because, "Hey, I've got tons of free time, right?" Yeah, right!

Just A Girl said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog to see what to do.