Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 2... this could be a long semester.

Well last night went pretty well. I slept pretty good until about 5 this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. My dorm is surprisingly cold, a blanket is on the list of things for my parents to bring me when they come up tomorrow. Anyway, well my room is the first room down the hall and right next to the tv room. The walls are pretty thin too, meaning I can hear pretty much everything being said in there, including the blaring tv. I didn't really mind though... Maybe one day I'll be in there being loud with all my friends.

This morning I got up around 7 and showered. Man those showers are little. I had the water turned all the way to hot but it was only lukewarm... and I was the only one showering. I have a feeling there might be some cold showers in my future. Oh well, at least the water pressure was good. After I got dressed I cleaned up the room a lil bit and organized some stuff. When I finally ran out of things to do I came over here to the HSC. I got some coffee and after a trip to the technical support office I finally got connected to the network here.

So yeah, for the past two hours I've just been sitting here playing around on the internet. There's not much else to do. I don't have work till two.

I still miss home and I can't tell you how many times I've teared up this morning. Maybe it's pms or something because I never cry but ever since I've left yesterday that's what I've been doing allot. As I sit here typing this I'm on the verge of an emotional break down right here in the coffee shop. Hopefully this is just a phase. I'm sure it is. Leaving home is hard. Change is hard. But it's all a part of life.

Oh let me tell you about the bright spot in my morning. Remember the really nice assistant director? Well this morning she came into the coffee shop to get some coffee and she just tapped me on the shoulder and smiled and said hey. For me, for someone who doesn't know anyone here, that meant allot. Maybe one day when I've been here a while I'll be able to do the same thing for a freshman.

Ok well I can only drag this post out for so long. I'm sure I'll be posting again soon... I have nothing else better to do.

No comments: